Pages

Monday 14 December 2020

SLJ 2020-2021 Kick Start Art

 Kumusta readers, 


Today I am posting the first task that is on the SLJ site. The SLJ or Summer Learning Journey, is when the Urumanuka cluster competes on whoever can get the most blog posts done during the summer. There are different tasks to do like art engineering and more. People compete for different prizes like electronic devices, toys or even gift vouchers for different shops or malls. Two years ago someone in our school won a whole chrome book pack that included a chrome book and a chrome book case. You could also get prizes if you come in the top 5 or 3.

Anyways here is my Art.




Are you going to be doing the Summer Learning Journey?
Thank you for reading my blog post, I hope you enjoyed and have an awesome day!! Good luck on the Summer Learning Journey.        :D

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Khiel,

    My name is Shannon, and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I’m so impressed by your recolouring of the painting! It looks incredible and a lot more realistic than the original. Your use of lots of different blues was super effective, it looks amazing! I also think your sky is perfect too. It looks stormy and foreboding which perfectly explains the massive waves compared to the little boats.

    Your wave reminds me of the beach. I love going to the beach, though not in stormy weather like your painting. My favourite part is building sandcastles! I like to collect shells to decorate my castles and usually try to build a moat around the edge as well. What does the wave remind you of?

    Good job on starting the Summer Learning Journey, I look forward to seeing all your future blog posts! What activities are you most excited for?

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Khiel.
    I think changing the background really makes your waves stand out.
    I like that the colours are blue and white as they remind me of the waves at Kaka Point,a place I used to visit regularly.My nana and grandad lived there and we'd go down at least 3 times a month.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and holiday.
    I look forward to seeing more of your holiday learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello kheil
    how are you?,

    I'm really amzaied about of your panting it so cool!. It looks like more realstic than the other one I like how your did the blue my favtourie colour. Is the sky like thunder and are raining day?

    It looks like the beachs for me when i when to new brighton at night,. My favtourite part about your panting is the good effect you put into your panting try to make it look cool you did a good job,

    Hopefully you had a good new year and a good christmas .

    Bye for now sophie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Khiel.
    I was just checking your blog to see if there was any new SLJ activity that you might have completed.
    I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.