Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Maths Observation #3

Bonjour readers, how are you?

Today I am posting my 3rd math's observation. For this observation we had to look at a picture and discover the math's.

To complete this task we had to make a copy of a google drawing and answer the questions,
if you want to make your own observation HERE is the link. 
You need to:
1. Make a copy of the drawing.
2. Answer the questions.
3. post it on your blog. (only if you want to.)

Here is my amazing work.






















Can you notice anything else?
Gracias for reading my blog, I hope you have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Khiel!

    Another beautifully presented blog post from you! Your seventh shape has been correctly created and I like how you presented it in the same coloured theme! Do you know how to record the rule for finding any shape? I'll give you a clue for how to represent it.... You can use 'n' for the number of the shape.
    For example for pattern 1 'n' would equal 1. ( n = 1 )
    For pattern 7 'n' would equal 7. ( n = 7 )

    Do you agree with this?
    (4 x n ) + 1 = the number of squares in the pattern. ( This is what you recorded in your maths equations section)

    Then we can call 'the number of squares in a pattern 's' for squares.
    So our rule becomes:
    (4 x n ) + 1 = s

    So if we want to find the number of squares(s) in the 43 shape( n) then...

    n = 43 so it will be (4 x 43) + 1 = s
    Can you work this out?

    ...and now you know how to do algebra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Miss D.

      Thank you for the feedback. I actually did not know how to find the rule of any shape.
      I did try figuring the last question 4x43+1 and i got 173.
      Again thank you for the feed back and now i kind of get algebra.

      Kind regards: Khiel

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.